Auditorium and Seating
The auditorium consists of one main floor with no balconies. The entire theatre seats 650 when all seats are installed. There are 5 wheelchair accessible seating spaces. The distance from Row A to the edge of the orchestra pit is 5'. The distance from the apron to Row A is 12'.
Proscenium: Width - 45', Height - 17'
Stage House: Curtain line to sky cyc: 28' - 3"
Curtain line to rear wall: 37' - 0"
Plaster line to curtain line: 1 '- 0"
Stage Floor: Poured cement with 3/4" plywood subdeck with final 1/4" masonite overlay painted flat black. No trap room under stage. Lag screws are not permitted.
Apron: Apron depth is 3' - 0". Not accessible from side entrances.
Wings: Stage right 21'-0" to loading shop door. Stage left 14' - 0" to loading rail vertical clearance on both sides is
15 '- 0".
Gridiron: 40' to gridiron max drop height to fly is 15' - 0" and loading rail is stage left. Locking rail located stage left. Loading bridge located at grid height, stage left.
Soft Goods: Grande Curtain can fly or travel at split center (dark navy blue) 6' x 50' grande teasher (dark navy blue) 3 sets of black pleated legs; length 19 '- 6", width 7' - 6", 1 mid-stage black pleated traveler, 4 black pleated borders, 1 black scrim, and 1 light blue sky cyc.
Hard Goods: Full Wenger Diva sound shell. Various Wenger 4 x 8 platforms and heights, 16 sets of 3 step choral risers, and a Yamaha baby grand piano (black).
Rigging: 29 manual "T" track counterweight line sets. Maximum arbor weight is 1,000 lbs.
Available counterweight: 12,000 lbs battons are 58' in length.
• 1st Electric (lineset 3)
• 2nd Electric (lineset 11)
• 3rd Electric (lineset 19)
• 4th Electric (lineset 26 - 3 color, 3 circuit cyclights)
No company disconnect for lighting hookups. Control board is ETC 72/144, house light control from DSR, in-house wall switches (can be locked out) and booth control independent or via light board.
Dimming system: 3842.4K Sensor Dimmers with ETCNet and ETCLink
Instrument Inventory: (available inventory varies due to educational needs)
• 24 - LE 8 inch fresnels
• 4 - ETC parnels
• 6 - 500 watt scoops (used as worklights)
• 11 - 3 color, 3 circuit cyclights for upper and lower cyc lighting (6 upper and 5 groundrow)
• 4 - ETC Revolution moving heads
Cable inventory: All 20 amp, stage pin (2 pin, plus ground)
• Monitor system installed in ceiling of control booth with independent volume control
• Monitors and assisted listening devices are available given prior notice
• Audio and Video monitoring available in green room and dance studio
• Dressing room, audio only
• Intercom communication via Telex communication headsets. Telex base station located stage right, wall stations located at proscenium stage left and stage right. There are 10 telex beltpacks with single ear muff, belt pack plug-ins located at counterweight locking rail, loading bridge, orchestra pit, 1st FOH, each follow spot bay, sound board and light board positions and center of house
• 2 Shure SM57
• 3 Crown Boundary mics
• 8 Sennheiser wireless lavs with 4 handheld wireless
• 4 Shure UHF wireless lavs
• 4 Telex UT series lavs
• 2 Sennheiser e609 guitar amp mics
• 4 - Audix Choral mics
• 5 various microphone stands are available in boom or straight configurations
• Midiverb Effects processor
• Nexia digital processor
• CD/Cassette deck
• Minidisk deck
• 3 graphic EQ sends to onstage monitors
• 15' x 15' front projection screen hung on lineset
• Front projection from DVD or Laptop with network connections available both in the booth and backstage
Dan Heerts - Arts Director (608) 786-1220 (ext 2128)
Holly Rigotti - Business Manager
Staffing: The Heider Center for the Arts is primarily staffed with student labor under the direction of the center director. The Heider Center is a Drug and Alcohol Free Work Place. Smoking is prohibited in all interior facilities and adjoining parking lots.
Loading and Parking
Loading and parking areas are located in the West parking lot directly outside the Heider Center facility just off of Hamlin St. There is a loading door into the scene shop (stage right), which leads directly into our auditorium at street level. There is no loading dock; all trucks will need to unload via ramps down into the shop at street level.
Loading door size is 10' wide x 15' high.
AmericInn of West Salem
125 Buol Road
West Salem, WI 54669
Fine arts events
with the West Salem
Visit the box office for ticket information.